OSHA 10 and Distillery Safety Auditing
The American Craft Spirits Association is planning an OSHA 10 safety training taking place in Hye, TX on November 4th and 5th, 2019. This year’s regional program is an OSHA 10 Certification Course specific to distilleries and held in a distillery – Garrison Bros., to be exact! What else is in it for you?
The class is a distillery-specific safety class that will include a classroom element, as well as the opportunity to apply the knowledge in a hands-on safety audit of the host distillery. After the class, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize and Prevent Health and Safety Hazards in Your DSP
- Evaluate Your Facility Through the Eyes of an OSHA Inspector
- Have Hands-on Auditing Practice in an Actual Distillery
- Receive an OSHA 10 Card From Eastern Kentucky University
- Take Home the Knowledge to Ensure a Safe Workplace and Avoid Hefty Fines for OSHA Violations
Our presenters, Industrial Safety & Training Services, provide strategic safety and consulting services to chemical, petrochemical, education, public emergency responders, power generation, construction, distillery, automotive, warehousing, hospital, environmental, maritime, gas drilling, transportation, other commercial and industrial clients across the US. They are based out of Louisville, KY and count both large and craft distilleries among their clients.
IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF ACSA, TDSA MEMBERS QUALIFY FOR THE GUILD MEMBER RATE.
Accommodations and Travel Information
For your convenience, ACSA has arranged a room block at Fredericksburg Inn & Suites in Fredericksburg, TX. You can secure our group rate of $129/night by calling 830.997.0202 and mentioning American Craft Spirits Association. Room fee includes breakfast.
The nearest airports to Fredericksburg/Hye are Austin and San Antonio. Austin is 83 miles/1 hour 35 minutes away, and San Antonio is 67 miles/1 hour 10 minutes away by car.
If you don’t rent a vehicle (or don’t feel like driving) there are shuttle services between Fredericksburg and Hye. A couple of options are:
Hill Country Wine Tours: https://www.hcwinetours.com/ (ask for Mike)
R&R Limos: https://www.rrlimobus.com/
Here is what past registrants in Ohio, during the June 2018 program, are saying about Distillery Safety Management 101:
- “I thought it was exceptionally well done and I learned a lot, coming back inspired, invigorated, and ready to make our workplace safer and more compliant. ISTS did an amazing job, I really can’t say enough.”
- “I thought the training was extremely useful and I’d recommend it, along with any other ACSA seminar to anyone.”